• born on 12.04.1957 in Rodewisch (Vogtland)
• first clarinet lessons at the “Robert Schumann Conservatory” Zwickau
• 1975 A-levels at the “EOS Käthe-Kollwitz” in Zwickau
• until 1980 studies with Professor Ewald Koch at the Academy of Music “Hanns Eisler” Berlin (East)
• 1980 to 1984 first engagement as solo clarinettist in the “Staatskapelle Berlin”, the orchestra of the Deutsche Staatsoper Berlin
• 1980 to 1984 solo concerts (artist agency of the GDR), u.a. Mozart clarinet concerto under Kurt Masur in the “Gewandhaus Leipzig”
• 1984 contract at the “Gewandhausorchester Leipzig”; from September 1984 in West Berlin in the orchestra of the “Deutsche Oper Berlin” as a solo clarinetist
• Since 1984 repeated auxiliary work in almost all large German orchestras, like the Berliner Philharmoniker, Munich Philharmonic, Bamberger Symphoniker, in the symphony orchestras of the ARD in Munich, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Cologne, u.a.
• after German reunification in 1989, again in the Staatskapelle Berlin and the Dresdner Staatskapelle
• he performed under the conductors: Karajan, Celibidache, Meta, Osawa, Levin, Barenboim, Sinopoli, Collin Davis, Boulez, Gatti, Thielemann, Petrenko etc.
• 1986 solo clarinetist of the “SWF-Sinfonieorchester Baden-Baden” under the chief conductors Gielen, Zender and Cambreling
• 1989 first in the “Orchestra of the Bayreuth Festival”. Since then he has participated in 26 years at the Bayreuth Festival as solo clarinetist of the Festival Orchestra.
• 1990 “Prize of the German Record Critics” 2/1990 for the CD recording of the Mozart Clarinet Concerto with the “SWF Symphony Orchestra” under the direction of Michael Gielen
• Further CD recordings of clarinet concerts (Spohr, Mayr, Berio) and chamber music productions with works by Mozart, Weber, Beethoven, Reicha, Brahms, Zemlinsky, Eisler, Schönberg, Webern, Hindemith, Francaix etc.
• Member of chamber music ensembles, such as the “Bläserquintett des SWF”, the “Kammerharmonie der Dresdner Staatskapelle”, the “Charis Ensemble”; Cooperation with the “Amati Quartet” (Switzerland) and the “German Chamber Academy Neuss”
as a soloist and member o.g. Ensembles concerts in radio and television, CD productions as well as concert appearances in Germany and abroad (ia in Japan, Switzerland, Italy, Belgium, South Africa)
• since 1999 lecturer in clarinet at the “Staatliche Hochschule für Musik und Darstellende Kunst Mannheim”, where in 2008 she was appointed Professor of Clarinet
• since September 2016 as a solo clarinetist in the new “Symphony Orchestra of the SWR” in Stuttgart
• since 1984, Wolfhard Pencz plays on clarinets of the company Herbert Wurlitzer